Enchanted Forever

MY eyes opened to the utter brightness. It was difficult to see and wearily I lifted my eyes to shield them from the burning glow. It was hard to get accustomed to all the lights and my head was aching, further emphasized by the brightness. Where was I? I thought to myself, trying hard to recollect previous events that had led me here. My mind was blank, I could remember nothing at all. As my eyes managed to bear the lights, i scanned the room. It seemed my every movement was echoed all around me.


I could almost see sudden motions as I moved. Then after my vision returned almost fully, I could see that the room was entirely covered with mirrors, large standing mirrors and mirrors on every inch available on the walls. I could see no windows but I could see a door handle, placed firmly on a mirror. I lifted my eyes towards the ceiling and immediately shut them, blinded by the light emanating from perhaps thousands of high-watt bulbs. Their presence led to such luminosity.


Concentrating hard, I tried to relive events occurred before my present predicament. I remember that it was snowing and I was walking home at night, having just left a party. But was that a re-collection of yesterday or last month? I wasn't too sure. All the bulbs made sure the room was warm. The floor was carpeted in some sort of wool. It was quite comfortable.


Slowly, I began looking about more carefully and my vision cleared. Every mirror reflected me and the room and other mirrors that reflected the same thing. Though the room was almost dinky, the constant reflection made it seem endless. My image was seeming plastered alive, on all four corners of the room. I suddenly noticed that I didn't have my clothes on. Suddenly, a sense of fear washed over me and instinctively I brought up my slender arms to cover myself.


The images in the many mirrors did exactly the same. I concentrated on one of them and saw myself fully. Jet-black hair fell all the way down my shoulders, concealing parts of my exposed frame. My eyes traveled down from the forehead to my toes, pausing momentarily as if to savor the beauty of my reflection. It lingered most on my eyes, which sparkled and seemed ablaze. Devoid of options, I tried to ease my mind and contemplate a way out. Lazily, pulling myself up, I approached the turned and tried turning the knob. I was locked. Defeated, I went back and sat in the middle, feeling like a stage-actor, participating in an intense play, being scrutinized by millions of eyes, all of which were familiar.


Attempting to relax and calm my nerves, my eyes wandered around the room. A hint of drowsiness remained over my mind and it assisted in dulling my thoughts.
Suddenly, I spotted an envelope lodged between two mirrors. Tenderly approaching it, I tore it open and out spilled the contents. There was a key, attached to a note. 'For years, I have been enslaved in your beauty, worshipping your pure image, blinded by my love for you. Caging me in your charm, you suddenly decided to leave. Thus, I have brought you here, so that you too can witness the be-witching beauty you possess. I leave you the key, incase you ever get tired of it. But, I know, that you will never be able to love. Your arrogance, your narcissism and your pride will complement your love for your beauty and you will be imprisoned here forever. You will be yet another victim but of your own beauty.' It was signed 'David'. A smile spread across my lips, oft described as 'luscious'.


I was flattered indeed. But how could I be trapped here by my own beauty? It was such a ridiculous thought. Of course, I was beautiful, so beautiful my pride was justified. My presence was of course mesmerizing, my features heart-breaking. I was god's own masterpiece, why should I bother about David? Thinking that, I gingerly proceeded towards the door, followed by my phantoms all around. But suddenly, I stopped and glanced at my reflection. I was truly beautiful. Maybe I should sit back and admire myself a bit more.


Maybe I can stay here forever and admire myself for eternity. True beauty can never die…no I was much too pretty to face the inevitable. I was surely immortal, otherwise why was I created in such formations? Yes, I was trapped forever, but this isn't ridiculous. You would believe, only if you saw me…. I would give in to my last temptations. Myself.

0 comments:

Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

  • When I Was Young... - When I was young I wanted to be in the city Crowded places Lots of faces Dreamt of skyscrapers And of busy streets Cramped rooms Days go vroom It appear...
  • Pahela Falgun Bangla Sms - চমকিবে ফাগুনের পবনে, পশিবে আকাশবানী শ্রবনে চিত্ত আকুল হবে অনুক্ষণ ...অকারণ... ♥ ♥ সহি কি করে সখি রে ~~ সখি রে ~~ বল না তারে ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ফাগুনের শুভেচ্ছা সবাই...
  • Pictures Of Malala Yousufzai - *Subscribe in a reader* Love Fun, Visit Here Weird & Funny Picture Collection Blogging, SEO & Tech nology Tips Site