90 Years Old Midwife Helps Deliver Great Granddaughter

A 90-year-old former midwife,Maggie Jones helped deliver her own great granddaughter.


When Maggie Jones received a phone call saying her granddaughter had gone into labour, she was happy to provide moral support. She helped deliver Kathy Shah's baby Carys on the living room floor.


Mrs Jones worked as a midwife in the Second World War and had not delivered a baby for 50 years. She said: "I thought to myself, 'Maggie, it's time to wash your hands and don your overalls', and I just jumped right in to help in whatever way I could. "Thankfully we didn't have any problems and I was just thrilled to be able to welcome little Carys into the world."

Mrs Shah already has 19-month-old son Dylan with her husband Keval, a banker. They had planned a home birth for their second child.


But she went into labour so quickly it was too late to call the midwife, so Mrs Shah told her husband to call her grandmother, who lives next door to them in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.


Mrs Jones rushed round and just 40 minutes later she was cradling Carys, who was born weighing 7lb 7oz.


Mrs Shah said "We're so lucky that my gran lives next door - she was totally amazing and just so calm. I don't know what we would have done without her."


0 comments:

Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

  • When I Was Young... - When I was young I wanted to be in the city Crowded places Lots of faces Dreamt of skyscrapers And of busy streets Cramped rooms Days go vroom It appear...
  • Pahela Falgun Bangla Sms - চমকিবে ফাগুনের পবনে, পশিবে আকাশবানী শ্রবনে চিত্ত আকুল হবে অনুক্ষণ ...অকারণ... ♥ ♥ সহি কি করে সখি রে ~~ সখি রে ~~ বল না তারে ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ফাগুনের শুভেচ্ছা সবাই...
  • Pictures Of Malala Yousufzai - *Subscribe in a reader* Love Fun, Visit Here Weird & Funny Picture Collection Blogging, SEO & Tech nology Tips Site